Government of India approved the scheme for ‘Establishment of Multi -Disciplinary Research Units (MRUs) in the Government Medical Colleges/Research Institutions’ as a path- breaking initiative to develop/strengthen the health research infrastructure in the country. This initiative fulfils the function of Department of Health Research related to “Promotion, Coordination and Development of Basic, Applied and Clinical Research”. Scheme has now been continued beyond 12th year Plan i.e. for the period of 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- To encourage and strengthen an environment of research in Medical Colleges
- To bridge the gap in the infrastructure which inhibits health research in the Medical Colleges by assisting them to establish multidisciplinary research facilities with a view to improve the health research and health services.
- To ensure the geographical spread of health research infrastructure, in order to cover un-served and under-served Medical Colleges and other institutions
- To improve the overall health status of the population by creating evidence-based application of diagnostic procedures/processes/methods.
Major Functions of the MRU
> To promote and encourage quality medical research in the Medical Colleges/Institutions.
> To constitute local research advisory committees for identifying the research priorities and projects with participation of State health system officials.
> To undertake research in non-communicable diseases and other need-based research as recommended by the Local Research Advisory Committee.
Who Can Apply:
Govt. Medical Colleges/Research Institutes/ Medical Universities
- Application Format Download
- Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) Download
- Bank mandate Form Download
- Format for Progress Report Download
- Audited Utilization Certificate (UC) Download
- Audited Statement of Expenditure (SoE) Download
For Online Submission of Research Proposals kindly visit Website http://www.dhrschemes.in/