Government of India approved the scheme for ‘Establishment of Model Rural Health Research Units (MRHRUs) in the States as a path- breaking initiative to develop/strengthening the health research infrastructure in the country. to fulfil the newly allocated function of the Department related to the "Promotion, Coordination and Development of Basic, Applied and Clinical Research".
The scheme has been developed on the model of a functional rural health unit of ICMR at Ghatampur (UP), which has successfully demonstrated how the modern technologies and research, which are developed at the national level centres/Medical Colleges, can be transferred and used in the rural settings for providing better health care to the population. Scheme has now been continued beyond 12th year Plan i.e. for the period of 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- To create infrastructure at the periphery for transfer of technology to the rural level for improving the quality of health services to rural population.
- To ensure an interface between the new technology developers (Researchers in the Medical Institutions; State or Centre), health systems operators (Centre or State health services) and the beneficiaries (communities in rural areas)
- To ensure the much needed geographical spread of health research infrastructure in the Country.
Major Functions of the MRHRU
The Model Rural Health Research Units (MRHRUs) would be required to develop necessary expertise to positively impact the health systems and services being provided to the common man. The mechanism would also empower state system to actively decide their agenda based on proper intervention at public health level and assess the effect of interventions. To meet this objective, The MRHRUs would, inter alia, undertake the following functions:
- To develop State/area specific models depending upon the disease profile, topography, morbidity patterns and local conditions for transfer of the technology for providing better health care services to the rural masses. To support and undertake relevant research on local health issues as per the priorities identified by the State Govt. in close coordination with State health authorities. Special focus will be given to tribal areas, hilly terrain, and remote areas.
- To create a state-wide research capability within the context of building the National Research Infrastructure, including training the health professionals of State Health System to enable them to carry out health research,and use modern technologies
Who Can Apply:
Proposal should be forwarded by State Health Department in coordination with nearby ICMR institute and Medical College.
- Application Format Download
- Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) Download
- Bank mandate Form Download
- Format for Progress Report Download
- Audited Utilization Certificate (UC) Download
- Audited Statement of Expenditure (SoE) Download
For Online Submission of Research Proposals kindly visit Website http://www.dhrschemes.in/